I have the world’s best Grandma. Not only is she the warm, affectionate, best-Christmas-present type, she’s also the intelligent, understanding, and open-minded kind of woman that I aspire to be. I am blessed to have her in my life and I’m so glad she will be a part of Baby Baer’s.
To continue my brief 10 Question Interviews with favorites like Baby Daddy, Auntie Zoe, Grandma and Grandpa Baker, and Aunt Kelly,, here are Great-Grandma Baker’s answers about motherhood and our upcoming offspring.
1) You had a boy first (Dad!). How was that?
The best, but we would have been happy either way.
2) What’s the best part about having kids?
Being a family. Watching them grow into their own uniqueness.
3) What is the most challenging?
4) Are you excited about being a great-grandma?
Psyched!!! Being a grandma is one of my favorite things.
5) Any special thoughts about having a great-grandson in particular?
Rocks, toads, dirt, muddy shoes, and great big grins!!! Looking for little boy things.
6) What are you most looking forward to?
Seeing his little face for the first time!! Living long enough to be a part of his life.
7) Any predictions about the arrival of Baby Baer?
Well, let’s see. June 22, 7lbs 10oz. and then there will be three. So exciting!!
8) Is labor really that awful and terrible?
Yes and No!!!
9) Any helpful suggestions for new parents?
Listen to him. Encourage him. Have just little man time. Teach him in the ways of the Lord
10) What is your greatest wish for Baby Baer?
That he will be a loving, caring, compassionate, God fearing young man.